Arcadia University President Tobey (Carl) Oxholm III and Dr. Steve O. Michael, Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs, visited Hunan University of Finance and Economics (HUFE) on June 13, where they signed Memorandum of Understanding. They were received by Xiaoping Fan, Vice President; Chuquing Lu, Director; Yingmei Wang, Provost; Chengxiang Quan, Director of Student Affairs; and Fei Ling, Vice Director of International Center.
To achieve respective institutional goals, Arcadia University and Hunan University of Finance and Economics will, insofar as the means of each allow:
- Promote institutional exchanges by inviting faculty and staff of the partner institution to participate in a variety of teaching and/or research activities and professional development;
- Receive undergraduate and graduate students of the partner institutions for periods of study and/or research;
- Organize symposia, conferences and short courses;
- Carry out joint research and continuing education programs; and
- Exchange information pertaining to developments in teaching, student development and research at each institution.
HUFE is one of the most important national universities in China. It is located at the foot of Yuelu Mountain, along the western bank of Xiangjiang River in Changsha, capital city of Hunan Province. Developing from Housheng Accounting Institute, which was founded in 1933, the school was officially named Hunan University of Finance and Economics under the approval of the Ministry of Education of China in March 2010. With a motto, “Integrity for the people, Benefit of the people,” HUFE aims to contribute more to the economic development of Hunan Province by adopting creative and scientific development strategies.