The Greater Philadelphia Senior Executives Group brings together leaders from the business, academic and government sectors—including Dr. NJ Delener, Founding Dean of Arcadia University’s School of Global Business—on Sept. 6 for “Innovation Leadership Forum: Innovation Culture,” at Saint Joseph’s University in Philadelphia.
The forum will feature a keynote by Françoise LeGoues, Ph.D, the Vice President for Innovation Initiatives in IBM’s CIO’s organization. In addition to Delener, the panel discussion includes Adel Abeid, Chief Innovation Officer for Philadelphia; Joseph DiAngelo, Ed.D., Dean of the Erivan K. Haub School of Business of Saint Joseph’s University; and Dr. Janice Presser, Chief Executive Officer and a principal of the Gabriel Institute, according to event chairman Joel Vardy.
“This program seeks to maximize the impact on the mid-Atlantic economy and explore the all-important topic of innovation,” said Vardy. “We will focus on building an innovation culture, and participants will learn the benefits of building an innovation culture for their business.”
The program will be held from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 6, at Saint Joseph’s University, with a VIP reception starting at 5 p.m., and requires advance registration. Register.
The keynote speakers and panelists for the Innovation Leadership Forum rank among the leading experts on creating an innovation culture in organizations. They are:
- Françoise LeGoues, Ph.D.: Vice President for Innovation Initiatives in IBM’s CIO’s organization. She and her team are responsible for identifying, testing and transferring emerging technologies that have the potential for transforming IBM and the way IBMers work, communicate, and innovate. LeGoues joined the IBM Research Division after getting a Ph.D. in Material Sciences from Carnegie-Mellon University. She has authored more than 150 scientific publications and obtained four patents.
- Adel Ebeid: Chief Innovation Officer for the City of Philadelphia. Prior to his appointment as the City’s first Chief Innovation Officer, Ebeid was the Chief Information and Technology Officer for the State of New Jersey since March 2006, responsible for the state’s entire technology portfolio including infrastructure services, application development and maintenance, enterprise architecture and solutions, e-Government services as well as geographic information systems.
- Dr. NJ Delener: Founding Dean of the School of Global Business at Arcadia University. Delener is the former dean of the School of Business at the State University of New York at Old Westbury. Under Delener’s leadership, SUNY’s School of Business doubled graduate enrollment, established international exchange and faculty development programs, took the university to the final phase of accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB) in four years, and developed new degree and certificate programs.
- Joseph DiAngelo Ed.D.: Dean of the Erivan K. Haub School of Business of Saint Joseph’s University. He is a Professor of Management in the Department of Management with a specialty in Human Resource Management. DiAngelo earned a B.S. degree from Saint Joseph’s University, an M.B.A. from Widener University, and a doctorate from Temple University.
- Dr. Janice Presser: Chief Executive Officer and a principal of the Gabriel Institute. Throughout her career, she has been focused on team performance: how health-care teams service those in need; how families “team” with each other, and how organizations enable (or inhibit) positive human synergy in the workplace. All of these pursuits have had, at their core, the desire to understand what really happens between people during group activities and to create a reliable way to structure and support coherent, productive teams.
GPSEG’s Innovation Leadership Forum is dedicated to the field of innovation management and the growing need to educate the public in one of the most discussed topics in the world. GPSEG is a premier networking organization for senior-level executives, affording members a unique environment to build trusted business relationships, expand their knowledge and advance their careers. Its members are highly regarded for their generosity and passion for serving each other and the community. For more information on GPSEG, go to www.GPSEG.org.