Arcadia University’s Department of Physical Therapy was well represented at the Combined Sections Meeting of the American Physical Therapy Association in San Diego, Calif., in January.
- Marty Eastlack, PT, PhD, was the Program Chair for all of the Section on Research activities for the entire meeting.
- “Consensus and Controversies in Rehabilitation of Rotator Cuff Disease.” Speakers: Lori Michener, PT, PhD, ATC; Phil McClure, PT, PhD, FAPTA; Charles A. Thigpen, PT, PhD, ATC.
- “Writing With the Editors.” Speakers: Rebecca Craik, PT, PhD, FAPTA; Chris G. Maher, PhD; Steven Z. George, PT, PhD; Terese Chmielewski, PT, PhD; Darcy Reisman, PT, PhD; Kathleen Gill-Body, PT, DPT, NCS; Jan Reynolds; Riddle Daniel, PT, PhD, FAPTA.
- “PTNow.org: Writing and Reviewing Clinical Summaries.” Speakers: Kathleen Kline Mangione, PT, PhD, GCS; Judith Deutsch, PT, PhD, FAPTA; Karen L. McCulloch, PT, PhD, NCS; Sally Westcott McCoy, PT, PhD; Jan Reynolds.
- “Report on an Intensive Neurologic Clinic Experiential Learning Program in Rural Jamaica.” Presenters: Karen Sawyer, Amy Miller, Kristin von Nieda.
- “Does the addition of a two week academic module focused on patient examination experiences affect student clinical performance?” Presenters: Amy Miller (presenter), Susan Tomlinson, Jamie Tomlinson and Janet Readinger.
- “Associations Between Body Mass Index and Physical Activity Following Total Knee Replacement.” Presenters: C.A. Oatis, W. Li, M. C. Rosal, D. C. Ayers, P. D. Franklin.
- “Physical Activity and Timing of Discharge From Physical Therapy Following Total Knee Replacement.” Presenters: C.A. Oatis, W. Li, M. C. Rosal, D. C. Ayers, P. D. Franklin.
- “Improvement in Pain Pressure Threshold Testing and Function Following the Application of Noxious Electric Stimulation on a Runner with Chronic Achilles Tendinopathy: a Case Study.” Presenters: Scott Stackhouse; Brian Eckenrode.
- “Reliability of Voluntary Activation Testing of the Infraspinatus in Healthy Adults.” Presenters: Anne Harrington; Thomas Fliss ’13DPT; Kerri Gherardi ’13DPT; Matthew Senese ’13DPT; Scott Stackhouse; Phil McClure.
- “Description of Functional Outcomes Following a Short Intensive Neurologic Clinic in Rural Jamaica.” Presenters: Karen Sawyer; Brooke Riley; Kristin von Nieda; Amy Miller.
- “Movement Strategies and Motor Control in the Sit-to-Stand Task.” Presenters: Jamie Tomlinson, Rebecca Craik, and Marty Eastlack, with students Stephanie Evans ’13DPT, Megan Smith ’13DPT, and Laura Van Arsdale ’13DPT.